First of all, we would like to state that, from the eyes of users, there’s very little difference in a Web application and website. As a general user, what matters is the working website and that’s it. However, for a technical person and as a business owner, you have to know the difference. Why? Well, for a professional having the knowledge about the websites and web application can be handy to define the scope and requirements of the project, skills and expertise required and even the technology to be used. So this post is devoted to assisting you to understand what is a website, what is a web application and the distinction between them.
Web apps vs websites: key differences:
- A website generally fetches static content most of the time. On the other hand, a web app can be a flexible application and the end-user can interact with different parts of the program. Hence, web application development companies take a bit more time to develop a web app compared to a website.
- A web application is not a complete website, it’s simply a part of the website. While, a website is definitely the complete package, which can be accessed through any browser with an active internet connection.
- Website development and designing company build a site that works on every single browser. From PC to Mobile browser. You just need to type the right URL. A web application, on the other hand, requires separate installation space on the computer.
- Developing a website takes fewer resources and requires less time to develop. Web application development requires multiple frameworks and a lot of resources. Besides this, you can build a website on your own with the help of off-the-shelf service providers. However, to build a web application, you have to hire a web application development company.
- A website is not an exclusive platform. Anyone can access it with the right URL. However, a web application is definitely a secure platform and can be accessed by the right username and password.
As we said earlier the above notes can be confronted through a different perspective. However, in the end, the result will be almost similar.
Now you might ask, if I have a website, then why I would require a web application? Well, it’s a genuine question and we have covered the answer in our previous blogs. if you have realized the importance of web app for your business and looking to develop one to boost your business capability, contact one of the best website development company in Delhi, offering exceptional business applications at a jaw-dropping price!